So many AIPers have an Instant Pot and I totally understand why. This multi-use appliance helps cut down time in the kitchen and, for many, has become a meal prep BFF. But with all newfangled contraptions, there is some initial confusion and questions about how to adapt AIP recipes to use it. There was a clear need brewing in the community.
Eileen recognized the signs, just like she did with the need for a breakfast AIP cookbook. She put a call out to the AIP bloggers and 37 of us answered with our recipes. YES! I submitted four recipes to this beautiful cookbook. It goes without saying, The Paleo AIP Instant Pot Cookbook had so much thought and love put into it. And it’s finally HERE.
What’s in it for you?
This cookbook is packed with 141 recipes, over half of them being exclusive to this project (only a select few have been chosen to be shared on our blogs for the launch). All recipes (coconut yogurt being the only exception) use the pressure cook setting of the Instant Pot, giving you the gift of time on hectic, batch cooking, and/or low energy days. Recipes are paleo autoimmune protocol elimination stage friendly and there are three clearly outlined bonus reintroduction recipes! Here are just some of the recipes waiting for you:
- Bacon Orange Cherry Jam
- “Baked” Sweet Potatoes
- Artichokes with Lemon Tarragon Dipping Sauce
- BBQ Pulled Chicken
- Swedish Meatballs & Mushroom Gravy
- Pork Vindaloo
- Fish Tacos
- “Chocolate” Cake
Low FODMAP? Coconut-Free? GAPS/SCD?
No worries, we got your back! Over half of the recipes can easily be modified and have notes in the back of the book to guide you.
Is yours still in the box?
Break that puppy out! The Paleo AIP Instant Pot Cookbook has 13 helpful tips for Instant Pot noobs. Walking you through everything from the quick release feature, taking care of the sealing ring, troubleshooting, and more!
Swedish Meatballs & Mushroom Gravy
featured recipe by Andrea Wycoff of Forest and Fauna
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- ¼ cup minced fresh parsley (divided)
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- ½ teaspoon ground mace
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms (button or crimini)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- ½ cup bone broth (or coconut milk, or water)
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- In a bowl mix together ground beef, pork, 3 tablespoons minced parsley, dried onion, sage, mace, and salt. Once thoroughly mixed, form into meatballs about 1-inch in diameter.
- Place mushrooms, onion, broth/coconut milk/water, and coconut aminos into the Instant Pot®. Add the meatballs.
- Close and lock the lid. Press the MEAT/STEW button and set cooking time to 35 minutes. Once the time is up, quick release the pressure (using the instructions on page 7).
- Using a slotted spoon gently remove meatballs and transfer to a serving platter.
- Using an immersion blender or a high-speed blender, purée the cooked mushrooms, onions, and broth into a nice creamy gravy. If the gravy is too thick, add a little more bone broth/coconut milk/water until the right consistency is reached.
- Pour gravy over meatballs and garnish with remaining tablespoon of minced parsley. This dish makes a wonderful appetizer as is, or main course when served over spaghetti squash, cauliflower rice, sautéed veggies, or warmed zucchini noodles.
Snag your copy!
To celebrate the launch, we’re also giving away 10 copies! Since this is an e-cookbook, that means the giveaway is open worldwide. This giveaway ends October 8th so be sure to get your entries in over at Phoenix Helix using the Rafflecopter form. Good luck!